In this section you can read transcripts of speeches made by our chief executive and other Monitor employees on key issues.
- 17 May 2013 - Dr David Bennett discusses how Monitor's new powers and responsibilities can help the health sector meet the challenges of providing good quality, sustainable services for patients in an ever-worsening economic climate.
- 24 October 2012 - Extract from David Bennett's speech to the first Foundation Trust Network Annual conference in Liverpool.
- 22 June 2012 - Monitor's Chief Executive Dr David Bennett took part in a panel session - ‘Building the new system' - at the NHS Confederation annual conference in Manchester. Watch the session again or read the full transcript from David's speech here.
- 16 May 2012 - Dr David Bennett gave a speech at the Reform High quality healthcare conference on 'Choosing Quality'. Dr Bennett also submitted an written article, which can be viewed here.
- 1 December 2011 - Monitor's chief operating officer Stephen Hay's speech from the HFMA annual conference. Download slides.
- 18 October 2011 - Dr David Bennett speaks to a Reform seminar on harnessing competition to strengthen integration. Download transcript.
- 12 September 2011 - Dr David Bennett talks to Nuffield Trust Senior Fellow, Dr Geraint Lewis, about Monitor’s role in promoting competition and the integration of health care services in the NHS. Watch the video
- 31 August 2011 - Monitor's Director of Strategy Adrian Masters' speech at the Management in Practice conference. Download transcript
- 12 July 2011 - Dr David Bennett's speech to the Westminster Health Forum on competition and the changing role of Monitor. Download transcript
- 11 May 2011 - Dr David Bennett speaks at the Currie Lecture, CASS Business School on economic regulation in healthcare. Download transcript